Really Personal. Pokémon

16:09

Hi. Sorry I haven't been posting. I was really busy. I really missed blogging too. I just wanted to share that I've been a pokémon fan for a really long time. I mean I've been playing pokémon as a kid and have been playing it again as a college student. And today I wanna talk about what's been bothering me

I have been having an on and off internal struggle about wanting to play Pokémon GO. I've known about the game since about a year ago and I've been wanting to play it since. A few days ago I was called a fraud because I have been having an internal struggle about wanting to play it. And guess what? The same person who called me a fraud is annoyed at the very reason why I was having second thoughts about playing the game itself.

You see I have this eternal hate for Bandwagon. I've always hated it. I always make it a point to not like famous stuff or not like stuff just because they're famous. And it made me soo mad that I was thinking Pokémon GO would cause a big bandwagon. and to my utter disappointment it did. Wait. Hold up. I feel like I need to express myself further here. It's not the bandwagon itself that pisses me off. It's the people who are joining the bandwagon and the people who are hating on the people who are joining the bandwagon.

Ok so let me explain something first. I've always had anxiety and depression. And honestly as a kid, I had a really hard time coping. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where to go. I couldn't trust anyone and tell it to them. And so I had to be independent emotionally. My coping mechanisms? Games and cartoons. I know in myself that these are not very productive of me. But those are all that I had. Guess what I wasn't the only one on this ship. A lot of kids during my time had anxiety and didn't know how to cope with it and like me they had games and cartoon because we're not fabulous like those cool kids at school. So imagine how happy I was a year ago discovering they're gonna a new game out of the games that used to make me happy as a kid when everything else in the world made me want to cry and be sad. Imagine all the other kids who love pokémon and have been fantasising about this game for months along with me because we can finally get to re live our geeky kid days?

You see it really bothers me that there are cool kids who claim they love pokémon to a certain degree. but sorry I don't think they know what it really means for us.

And for the Poké haters. I know. I know there will be hypocrites. I knew it. Which is why I've been having this internal struggle. Those people who once mocks me for loving and depending on this game would come and ask me how to pronounce a Pokémon's name and be all buddy with me. Tell me was I wrong in imagining it?

I guess I need to stop I've been very emotional already. Anyways here's a picture of Teacher Jayz's Fearow on a gym. I can't help it. It's pure gold how she reacts to Pokémon. I don't want to reveal my baby pokémons yet. maybe I will after this post. but for a clue. I'm Team Instinct ;) See you guys in class this week :)



ーメイコ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog