Rant: SEA Games Event: Figure Skating

23:00

ok first let me just say I watched the events. Most of what I can it seems. I can't claim to have watched all of it because the quality of videos are stellar. like really good job. #Sarcasm. Anyways. I've been reading some people saying that they think Malaysia cheated. Ok, let me just say this. I am a fan of both Michael Christian Martinez and Julian Yee and I have to say, Julian won the event and he deserved it. His programs were the cleanest of the bunch and no one can argue. I mean I can't say much for Michael because I was honestly cringing while watching. It was pretty obvious his piece wasn't polished. Well here is what makes it kinda unfair for others. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but Julian used, for both SP and FS, his programs from last year. I'm not sure what else to say. Ok this wasn't a rant about Julian. I love him too. I also somehow think it was a smart move on him but it was kind of sad because Michael didn't do the same, he stayed true to using his new program and he was struggling. I really wish the debut of Michael's new program wasn't Phone video quality but it was so I can't do anything but judge only what I saw. I can't say much on his SP because basically half of it was gone. I couldn't even see his 3Lz3T like usual, I just saw it from a short replay on the over head screen. I don't know what he's been doing but his landing form is kind of still the same from worlds. He still has difficulties on his landings. Julian on the other hand seems to be really doing good. I mean on his FS, I did not see him struggle. He's so confident and relaxed. I was wishing Michael was kinda like that but it almost feels like Michael is really tense landing. I speak like I'm somekind of expert but I'm not, but as a spectator, you feel when someone is struggling right? I don't want to bore anyone with geeky details but I really want to see them both next month at Nebelhorn instead of thinking of what happened today and yesterday. Where both of them need to use their new programs polished. They are both aiming for spots for the Olympics, so I hope they both do well rather than dissect everything that happened today I really hope they are comfortable by Nebelhorn because they both need to. I really wish both of them the best. I hope everyone else does too.


PS. This was supposed to be a 100th commemorative post. but I guess I'll just celebrate it on the next one. It was supposed to be me and my finally getting enrolled to a TESOL certification. but I'll rant about that tomorrow. hehehe. Ja na.

ーメイコ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog