An Agoraphobic's guide to riding trains.

13:31

Definition of Terms
Agoraphobic - Fear of Crowds
Claustrophobic - Fear of Closed spaces
Manifestation - an event that clearly shows or embodies something

You see. When I was in high school I've identified myself as both an Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic person. And riding trains is like the manifestation of all my fears. And because of work I have to face my fears everyday hopefully without having to vomit I'm gonna share my tips to fellow Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic people

  • Have a friend
    • Out of all the advice I can give this might be the most complicated. I mean it's not everyday that we have someone we can tag along with when we ride the train. I put this first because if you have a panic attack, there is at least one person who understands what is happening and he/she might assist you ASAP. And the person you are with can be a source of strength because we both know how scary it is to ride a train.
  • Stand next to the door
    • One thing I realized helps me feel better is if I'm standing next to the door. Even if there are seats available, I don't bother taking a seat because I feel safer next to the door. For Claustrophobics I know it is scary looking at automatic doors closing on your face. But it's even scarier if you're far away from the door. You don't have a place to run to if you feel trapped. So I really recommend that you stand next to the door.
  • Always look outside or up
    • My legs always feel weak even if I just feel like I'm in a crowd. aia I feel like crying thinking about this. Don't look at the crowd and try to forget about it. Look outside or look up. Don't you dare think about the crowd! Just think of your happy place ok? sorry I really feel weak right now even thinking about this. TwwT
  • Listen to Music
    • The most effective distraction for me, from the crowd, other than looking outside is when I listen to music. For me this is my happy place. So I recommend that you try this. This really makes me feel relaxed and forget a bit that this is the most scary place for me. So try this ok? :)
Oh credits to all the owners of the pictures. They aren't mine. I just got them from google. I don't think I've watched any of these anime tho so sorry if you ask me about it and I don't know. I just really needed pictures for presentation. 

btw share. I kinda look like the girl from the third picture every morning, except I have headphones like on the fourth. I kinda feel like the pictures are redundant but these are the perfect representations. So sorry if you didn't like it. Anyways. I have something I wanna share. I define "bravery" as this

Brave people aren't the ones who don't have any fears,
brave people face their fears everyday.

Don't be ashamed my dear and we shall both face our fears. It will take a lot from us to do these but it is for our benefit as well right? So be brave and I'll hold your hand :)

ーメイコ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog