How I got my name

13:29


Hi. I think this post is a bit long over due. Basically because I've been using the name for 2 months now and I realize I've been giving different variations as to how to explain my name. I will tell how I really decided on the name and I will tell lots of explanations as to why I decided to really keep this name.

So first off. I had a really hard time deciding what name to use. And honestly, amongst our batch me, Mafu, Natsuki and Tessa I was the one who struggled the most with picking my name. It took me about 3 days? While it took them about 5 minutes. Well honestly having a nickname or naming myself is a big deal, I dunno why but I really struggled. Above is the list of names I was deciding on. Well anyways, I'll skip the drama and introduce you to the lovely lady Rin I won't link her because I love her and I don't want anyone to bug her. It was really thanks to her that I came to my senses and she decided for me. Well I don't want anyone to think she forced me. No. She was really very sweet enough to knock some sense in to me and I agreed with her decision. So anyways what happened was I was kinda feeling depressed by then because I really didn't know what to call myself. And I told her I was deciding between Kei and Mei by then. I was about to submit Kei by then mostly because I wanted a letter K on my name I honestly don't know why but I want a letter K and I was a fan of Inoo Kei. But then she exclaimed to me "then take Meiko! It sounds girly" and I like face palmed myself and said "Why didn't I think of that?" She was soo right! So that's how I really decided on my name.

But If I'm going to be honest during class whenever students ask me I have several ways on how to explain my name. The number one reason I almost always use is I got my name from mixing Mizuhara Kiko and Kitagawa Keiko's names. I kept saying that they were my favourite model and actress in Japan. well honestly because they really are. At first it was easy to explain but then students kept asking different questions that's why I decided not to use this explanation over time.

Another reason I used to say is closer to the truth. I tell them that I got Mei from a name generator and just added ko at the end because I know ko is child in Japan. I only didn't get to say about Rin because I was afraid students would ask about Rin. But I do say to some students that I got a help from a friend. So you guys know by now the name of my friend is Rin. :)

Anyway so this is the most complicated one but the most plain reason for me. It was closest to my name. I really didn't want to change my name so it was really important that my name was still a bit similar to my real name. If you're to look at my names. They both use similar vowels. I E O. The consonants where what made my new name a bit exciting for me. The K I wanted was previously the C I had. and M if you think about it is in the middle of L and N. I can also say I got the M from my last name but I wanted it to be more interesting so boo to your discrimination! Anyways here's a pic to easily explain it. I don't even know if this is easy to understand. haha I hope it does.


So I think I forgot the other reasons I used to say. But for now you know how I got my name. And the reason I loved it when I even first heard it. Sorry if this is TLDR I really tried my best to keep the explanations short. See you guys later :)

ーメイコ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog